Okay, I am ALMOST at this point. Trying to figure out why they made the button holes so !@#$ small on my new shirts! Then I read about a fashion designer’s husband (who was a coach) that has young onset PD and was having such a hard time one day buttoning his shirt that he had to have one of his players button his shirt for him.
Well Maura swung into it and invented a really classy way for us PD folks that fight buttons to look GQ. Check it out here!
- Are you dying from Parkinson’s? NO, people die WITH Parkinson’s not from it. A french fry will most likely get caught in my aorta before that.
- How long have you got? My chinese neuro at the VA said he had patients he started treating in their 50’s and 60’s but now are in their 80’s and 9o’s. Just take your medicine and do the exercises.
- You talk funny now! Listen Porky Pig has stuttered his entire career and that didn’t stop him.
- Has it affected your mind? My wife said I could lose half my marbles and still be a marble ahead of most people.
- When are you retiring? Till my dying breath I want to be able to tell students “Can you do that over?”
- Can you still do art and stuff? Yep, I have to draw slower and plan it all out but YEP I am still doing art!
- What’s the future look like? My VA neuro said I hadn’t progressed much in the last 3 years. So THIS is good! God is gracious to one of his shakey sheep!