- Are you dying from Parkinson’s? NO, people die WITH Parkinson’s not from it. A french fry will most likely get caught in my aorta before that.
- How long have you got? My chinese neuro at the VA said he had patients he started treating in their 50’s and 60’s but now are in their 80’s and 9o’s. Just take your medicine and do the exercises.
- You talk funny now! Listen Porky Pig has stuttered his entire career and that didn’t stop him.
- Has it affected your mind? My wife said I could lose half my marbles and still be a marble ahead of most people.
- When are you retiring? Till my dying breath I want to be able to tell students “Can you do that over?”
- Can you still do art and stuff? Yep, I have to draw slower and plan it all out but YEP I am still doing art!
- What’s the future look like? My VA neuro said I hadn’t progressed much in the last 3 years. So THIS is good! God is gracious to one of his shakey sheep!
Another little alert for y’all! This came along my facebook feed. It’s called “functional neurology.” It is nothing more than chiropractic neurology. It will “work” but it’s nothing more than the placebo effect and will be gone by the morning. Save your money!
Parkinson’s Life Hack: been having a few issues with speech, looked up some devices that could help MIGHTY PRICEY! I don’t have 4-5000 to plunk down on what they were offering.
So I started hacking and thinking tonight. Could I do it on the cheap? I mean pay NOTHING and see if this tech works.
The principal is to give you a delayed (slightly delayed, in the microseconds) copy of your voice going in your ear as you talk (you use only one ear.)
1. take your smartphone download an app called Speech Jammer
2. load it up and set the delay for several (3-7)
3. plug your earbuds in, put ONE in you ear, start it up and see if it works
It’s WORKING. Now to see how it does out in real life.